Adam and Cory discuss the state of SEO and internet marketing in 2012, including the split between organic and paid clicks, the top SEO tools being used and if you can use only the free SEO tools from Google, how SEO has changed in big ways, including the addition of social signals from Twitter, Facebook and Google+, authorship markup, content quality, page speed and appetizing results, a look at Google’s Penguin and Panda updates and how they have changed search result quality, what content works well for SEO and whether or not you should be paying attention to YouTube, a review of the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin, how it makes social optimization like the Facebook Open Graph and Pinterest easy, and how it compares to the All In One SEO Pack, Twitter’s recent changes to their API and how it will effect 3rd party developers, Instagram’s new business blog and the best practices that they share, Facebook opening up in-line tagging to Open Graph apps, and tips on what you can do, including a look into your important keywords and getting familiar with Google’s Webmaster Tools, to get started with SEO today.
- The State of SEO and Internet Marketing in 2012
- 2012 SEO Industry Survey
- Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Does Social Media Improve Google Organic Search Ranking?
- Google PageSpeed Tools
- WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Changes Coming in Version 1.1 of the Twitter API
- Janet Fouts – What Twitter’s Rate Limit Changes Mean to You
- Instagram for Business Blog
- Open Graph Apps Can Now Use In-Line Tagging
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Authorship Markup
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool
- Google Webmaster Tools – Rich Snippets Testing Tool